flashrd creates OpenBSD images tailored for embedded hardware devices and for executing from a virtualized environment.
flashrd installs a complete OpenBSD system with "one-touch" upgrade capability.
It boots from a ramdisk to make in-place upgrades easy and complete. flashrd partitions default to read-only operation, to minimize flash wear.
Do you like using OpenBSD? Do you want to continue to get high-quality releases? Buy official CDs or donate directly to the project. Users like you provide primary funding to the project.
- Frequently Asked Questions (and then some)
- Installation instruction [English] [Italiano] and image installation instruction [English] [Italiano]
- GitHub source repository, wiki, issue tracker
- Mailing list for flashrd (List archive)
- Disk images (latest OpenBSD 5.5-beta 2014/02/21) generated by flashrd (these are fully ready binary images)
- Audio: BSDTalk 229 and PLUG 3/19/13 Slides: PLUG 3/19/13
- flashrd-1.5.tar.gz (for OpenBSD 5.5)
- flashrd-1.4.tar.gz (for OpenBSD 5.4)
- 1.5 release notes
- Clean up rc.flashrd.onetime a bit
- Move from mfs to tmpfs for OpenBSD 5.5
- Create random seed on flash during image creation, image copy and boot time for OpenBSD 5.5
- Use 64 sector offset everywhere in vague attempt to help with 4K sector alignment
- Update installboot arguments for OpenBSD 5.5
- Change all sizes in rc.flashrd.sub to megabytes instead of 512-byte sectors
- Don't reboot unless 'onetime' tgz actually exists, this was old behavior, back again
- 1.4 release notes
- Script cleanup and bugfixes from Andrew Fresh <email@example.com>
- Keyboard encoding support in cfgflashrd by William-os4y <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- flashrd builder from by Paul Suh <email@example.com>
- A series of scripts to allow easy deployment of new systems and upgrades across multiple boxes
- Minor fixes and enhancements for OpenBSD 5.4 release
- Remove the need for amd64_include_pmap_h.diff as OpenBSD 5.4 defaults to NKL2_KIMG_ENTRIES=16
- The mktemp command now requires a template with at least six random characters, satisfy it
- Release notes for older versions of flashrd
- flashrd-1.3.tar.gz package contents description
- nsh: command line interface for OpenBSD routers